Before you start getting your home ready to sell and place it on the market, place yourself in the mind of a potential buyer. Make notes as a buyer on what you notice that need improvement throughout the home. Then repair or repace these items.
Here are some ideas to prepare your home to sell.
- Clean, clean, clean: If your lifestyle keeps you busy, hire a professional cleaning service. First impressions are very important.
- Smells: Does your home have a particular smell? Locate the smell, and take care of it. Do not cook foods in the morning that will make your home smell.
- Clean clutter: you want buyers to see how much space you have.
- Paint: Repaint walls with neutral colors.
- Decor: Keep decor more simple.
- Remove personal items: Like family photos, anything overly personal. buyers want to be able to picture themselves in your home.
- Furniture: Get rid of bulky furniture.
- Organize your closets: Storage space is a huge selling point.
- Bring light into your home: Let natural light gleam through your windows. A bright, cheerful room looks larger and more inviting.
- Make your bathroom inviting: Keep the toilet lid closed. Add scented candles, faux plants, cleaned rolled towels, etc.
- Flow: Keep the flow of your home going.
- Boost the curb appeal: First impressions. Make the exterior of your home in excellent condition. Trim the shrubs. Add fresh mulch. Pressure wash your home if needed. Weed your flower beds. Paint as needed, etc.